College Eats

A blog about my year of purposeful singleness and the one enticing dish I'll make every week to celebrate it.

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Best Mac 'n Cheese Ever!


4 Cups of Macaroni

Melt butter



Beaten Egg, set aside for later


Here is a pic of a roux (pronounced rue, as in, "I rue the day you were born").
Melted butter sprinkled with flour....and then adding whole milk.

Here is the beaten egg, and to it I added 1/4 cup of the roux


Add a ton of pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, pinch of paprika, 2 heaping spoons of dry mustard to the roux. And if you're like me you'll forget to take a picture of that glorious roux. Oh and add 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar. I also blanched some broccoli cuz I <3>


A lot of sharp cheddar on top with Italian bread crumbs (whatever that means) in 350 degree oven (have you noticed I really like to use the oven?).


Voila!


Whoa...


Eat and be merry!

Here's the link for the full detailed recipe. It was a glorious 5 AM concoction.
I bought the ingredients from the same cashier and I was like "hehe...don't look at him straight in the eye or else he'll recognize you...!" This is the 2nd consecutive day he's seen me. =/
I do have a life Mr. Cashier at line number 2!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home